PURPOSE OF THE QUALIFICATION
- Qualifying learners are able to select and use automobile lifting equipment and welding industry, using appropriate tools and measuring equipment.
- The qualifying learner is capable of removing and replacing a wheel; interchanging the wheels; determining the
serviceability of a wheel and tyre; and balancing a wheel and tyre assembly.
- The qualifying learner is capable of demonstrating knowledge of vehicle tyre standards; demonstrating knowledge
of vehicle tyres, types, and sizes; diagnosing and rectifying abnormalities in vehicle tyre conditions; demonstrating knowledge of vehicle wheels and rectify wheel defects.
- Qualifying learners are capable of demonstrating knowledge of fitting and repairing tyres and inspecting wheels, and repairing a puncture in a tube and tubeless tyre
|TITLE :||Skills programme: Tyre Repairing Skills SP08561/13-17|
|SAQA ID :||61809|
|ACCREDITING AUTHORITY :||MERSETA|
|PROGRAMME DURATION :||310 hours of training (30% Theory 70% Work based practical learning)|
EXIT LEVEL OUTCOMES:
On completion of this qualification learners are able to:
- Identify and solve problems in a critical and creative way in demonstrating knowledge of and rectifying faults in motor vehicle tyres and wheels.
- Identify and solve problems in a critical and creative way in removing, replacing and balancing a wheel.
- Recognise situations that require action and correct when necessary.
- Recognise situations requiring action and select the correct tool, service or equipment.
- Candidates must be between 18 – 35 years of age
- Minimum passed Grade 9
- BOTH English and Mathematics must be at ABET Level 2
UNIT STANDARDS :
|TYPE||SAQA ID||UNIT STANDARD TITLE||NQF LEVEL||CREDITS|
|Regular||12213||Select and use automobile lifting equipment||2||3|
|Regular||9867||Remove and replace wheels and tyres, and
|Regular||9868||Demonstrate knowledge of, and rectify faults in,
motor vehicle tyres and wheels
|Regular||9869||Repair punctures and fit tyres to wheels||3||9|
|Regular||9879||Use and care for tools and equipment||2||10|